Occupational Safety and Health (OSH)
Vancouver Resource Society has an active Occupational Health and Safety Committee. VRS Management has worked hard with Union Members to ensure that all sites provide a safe environment for everyone.
The OSH committee members are:
- Marilyn Jensen- Supervisor and OSH Chair
- Shirley Hydich- Gray and OSH Co-Chair
- Cherl Carling - Cheyenne and BCGEU Steward
- Laurie Doig - Supervisor, Cheyenne Sites
- Heather Greaves - Duke and BCGEU Steward
- Cindy Mitchell-Duffy - Manager, Human Resources
Alternates are noted as follows:
- Dana Anderson - Human Resources Manager,
- Ginny Farquarson , Supervisor - Rotary Site
Please feel free to contact any of the above listed individuals if you have any Health and Safety issues, suggestions or feedback.
Our campaign for 2011 is SAFETY FIRST. Staff is reminded to think before acting. VRS has been vigilant in providing ceiling lifts and mechanical lift systems for all of our sites. A second target area is the repositioning of clients. Clients that require repositioning have been provided with specialized transfer belts, transfer poles, transfer slings, repositioning/positioning slings,tilt functions on commodes & wheelchairs and transfer sheets are also provided to aid in this task.
VRS provides a Back Care/Lift and Transfer mandatory training for all staff to aid in lift and transfer techniques. Staff are reminded to review OSH Minutes posted at all sites.
Work Safe BC direct link click Here - http://www.worksafebc.com/default.asp