Occupational Safety and Health (OSH)
Vancouver Resource Society has an active Occupational Health and Safety Committee. VRS Management has worked hard with Union Members to ensure that all sites provide a safe environment for everyone.
The OSH committee members are:
- Heather Greaves – Duke Street and BCGEU Stewart
- Jason Wong – Rotary Site and BCGEU Stewart
- Wolfgang Nicola – Casual (Blair Crt) and BCGEU Stewart
- Laurie Doig – Supervisor, Cheyenne Site/ OSH Chair
- Cindy Mitchell-Duffy – Manager, Human Resources
- Debbie Kerr, Supervisor Duke and Tanner
Alternates are noted as follows:
- Dana Anderson – Human Resources Manager,
- Marilyn Jensen – Supervisor , West 63rd
Please feel free to contact any of the above listed individuals if you have any Health and Safety issues, suggestions or feedback.
Our campaign is SAFETY FIRST. Staff is reminded to think before acting. VRS has been vigilant in providing ceiling lifts and mechanical lift systems for all of our sites. A second target area is repositioning of clients. Clients that require repositioning have been provided with specialized transfer belts, transfer poles, transfer slings, repositioning/positioning slings,tilt functions on commodes & wheelchairs and transfer sheets are also provided to aid in this task.
VRS provides a Back Care/Lift and Transfer mandatory training for all staff to aid in mechanical lift and transfer techniques. Staff are reminded to review OSH Minutes posted at all sites.
Work Safe BC direct link click Here – http://www.worksafebc.com/default.asp